Terrazzo Floor Polishing
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO GET BEST QUOTE FOR TERRAZZO FLOOR POLISHING
1. Submit Request to Quote
2. Receive up to 3 Quotation Proposals
3. Select BEST QUOTE to engage flooring service
Terrazzo Floor Polishing
Terrazzo is a flooring material known for its elegant shine and unique designs. Terrazzo usually comprises of granite chips or marble chips embedded in concrete and there may be other types of stones to add a distinct texture. Terrazzo flooring is typically smooth and quite radiant. However, it will suffer degradation with time. The surface will get dirty and lose its splendour, the material will suffer wear and tear which could compromise the seal and there is a need to maintain the flooring in a holistic manner. Fortunately, timely terrazzo floor polishing will be sufficient to maintain the material.
- Before you start polishing your terrazzo stone surface, you must clean the whole floor. Cleaning is imperative as otherwise you wouldn’t have the shine you need. Get a damp mop and use a terrazzo tile cleaner with water for cleaning the entire floor. Do not use any tile cleaner that is not pH neutral. Always use a soft mop, preferably made of microfiber. Else, you could risk damaging the surface and the terrazzo stone may develop scratches.
- After cleaning you would have to seal the terrazzo stone surface before polishing. Make sure you use a reliable terrazzo sealer and an appropriate brush to apply it. You may use a floor roller. Spread the sealer evenly to ensure the surface is nonporous, let the sealer dry overnight and get ready with your buffing machine.
- You can rent a buffing machine or you can use soft pad. It is better to hire a polishing expert who would anyway have all these tools. You need to choose a branded polishing powder and then use the buffing machine or buffer to regain the shine of your terrazzo stone floor. You would notice the powder turning into a kind of a muddy material or mixture. Don’t worry because this is desirable. The muddy mixture is actually what will make your floor shine.
- After polishing, you should get a damp mop and clean the residual mixture of the powder. You can bluff again if you don’t like the shine. If buffing fails to restore the shine and you have taken all the right steps then you ought to hire terrazzo stone cleaning and restoration services.
We partner professional floor maintenance companies to provide terrazzo floor polishing services with best quotes. Contact us to get your Best Quote for terrazzo floor polishing.